4th of July Safety Tips
Severe burns, amputations, blindness, and, in some cases, deaths are often the result of 4th of July celebrations.
CAL FIRE’s Office of the State Fire Marshal has the following tips:
▪ Local ordinances should be verified before purchasing and/or using fireworks.
▪ Always read directions.
▪ Always have an adult present.
▪ Use fireworks outdoors only.
▪ Never use near dry grass or other flammable materials.
▪ Light one at a time.
▪ Keep a safe distance.
▪ Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
▪ Never experiment with fireworks.
▪ Have a bucket of water and a hose handy.
▪ Never attempt to re-light or “fix” fireworks.
▪ Do not wear loose fitting clothing.
▪ Never carry fireworks in your pockets.
▪ Fireworks are not toys.
▪ Use only State Fire Marshal approved fireworks.
Remember, parents are liable for any damage or injuries caused by their children using fireworks.
©2016 Cal Fire, www.fire.ca.gov